So we have all seen the report that came out today from The Department of Homeland Security categorizing the immediate threat of "the radical right". The report comes out very timely, the eve of the planned tea party protests.
As I'm sure you're all well aware the left has feverishly been trying to talk down the tea parties and chastise their participants. We've seen all kinds of things pop up over the weekend. Rachel Maddow laughing at us on MSNBC, reporting that the tea parties are funded by Fox news or, better yet, Exxon. How did they come up with Exxon anyway?
But now we are seeing the left quickly trying to organize counter-protests at the same locations where tea parties are scheduled. Code Pink is highlighting their Santa Monica counter protest on their website:
The Santa Monica Tea Party of 2009 and Tea Parties all across America are being organized by friends of Rush Limbaugh and Bill O'Reilly, all about getting less funding for government. Let's show up with a better message: STOP funding wars and Wall Street, and start funding the needs of the people-- health care, education, and a green economy. Join us as we crash their party.
Santa Monica Pier
100 Colorado Ave.
Santa Monica, CA
Then we see the plan for sabotage at The Daily Kos:
Tomorrow, my husband and I will be venturing into the wilds disguised as a news crew to do some in person interviewers with teabaggers here in [State Redacted] (if we can find any). We've got some questions lined up to ask, but I'd love to get suggestions!
tedshubris's diary :: ::
The great thing about owning professional video equipment is that armed with it, you can pass yourself off as being a professional news crew pretty easily.
So tomorrow, [Fake Station Name Redacted] is going to send a cameraman and on air news personality out into the field to cover this "teabagging" phenomenon.
We're going to ask open ended questions that seem to have a slight conservative bent to (hopefully) get them to open up and just start ranting. Then, we take any examples of racism, hatred, ignorance, and stupidity that we catch on camera and make a little movie out of it. Probably a YouTube special.
Here's the list we have so far
* What are you celebrating (The Boston Tea Party), and can you explain its historical relevance? [We're hoping to get some hilarious flubs from this one]
* Is this your first time teabagging? [OK, so, a juvenile one, but worth it] (apparently, we're the only ones who have connected tea parties to teabagging. Or, for that matter, the sociological study "Tearoom trade". Removed for the sake of keeping covert)
* Do you approve of Michael Steele's plan to expand the GOP through a "hip-hop urban-suburban marketing strategy"? [hoping to get some juicy racist stuff from this question]
* (as an intentional misunderstanding/follow up, presuming that someone complains about wasteful government spending) "So you disapprove of your tax dollars going to the Iraq War?" [should elicit some confusion]
* Do you approve of the direction in which this country is headed? [With thanks to Bob Love]
Anyways, it's a start... but I'd love to have some suggestions for questions that sound fine, but should prompt an outpouring of crazy.
Thanks in advance, and I'll be sure to post a link to the finished video when it's available!
Makes me wonder for a second just what else the lefties may have up their sleeve. If they want to incite people to be racist, what's stopping them from inciting violence?
Anyone attending a tea party tomorrow be careful. I would put nothing past those lefty loons.